Before & After: Styling Tips
Want to know how you achieve a polished look in your home. Accessorize! Whether you need to purchase a few items to fill some holes or whether you have an abundance of collectibles from travels, gifts or simply buying things you love, the finishing touch of accessory styling is necessary to complete the interior design of a room.
We recently reupholstered a sectional and added finishing touches to a basement walkout space for a Calgary client. Here are the before and after photos with some styling tips too!
1. Combine different sizes for the biggest impact and don't be afraid to go large. Up to a 22" square is perfectly acceptable on a sofa all the way down to a 12" x 24" size kidney pillow.
2. Mismatched is perfect. We have four different pillows (at least!) on this sectional yet it does not feel overdone. Go for an eclectic mix to add interest with your pillows.
3. Combine function and aesthetic by displaying pretty glasses and beverage paraphernalia on open shelves.
4. Have fun with decorative accessories such as straws, napkins, spoons and other small details to creative a festive atmosphere.
5. Group books with similar colours to provide a cohesive, stylish and organized look.
6. Displaying items that are meaningful and show personality are sure to encourage conversation as well as allow you to reminisce about your memories and adventures too!
7. It's ok to have empty space! Not every nook and cranny needs to be filled and in turn allows items to be seen and feel special.
Check out our accessory sourcing video for more tips and tricks!
Simple updates make big impact. Get in touch with us for help with your design or decor needs.
Follow along for more interior design ideas and inspirations.