Sneak Peek: West Coast Beach Modern Dining Room
Warm, inviting, calm. For me, those are words describing a beach, one of my favourite places on earth. This interior design aesthetic is not one we do often in Calgary (or ever actually!) since we are a land-locked city. In Vancouver however, a west coast seaport, this concept is far more likely and acceptable. Our West Vancouver client requested a beach-y, modern vibe infused with texture and filled with warm. We're excited to share the colour palette for their dining room and can't wait to share more of the home in the coming months.
5 ways to get a warm, beach-y vibe:
1. Natural materials - wood, stone, grasscloth and glass are all wonderful finishes to consider in a beach style home.
2. Medium to light wood tones - keeping a light, airy vibe is essential to a beach-y home.
3. White walls - our favourite: Benjamin Moore Simply White OC-117
4. Varying textures - as noted above, the play on texture is important with the finishes and materials, however take that into your fabric choices as well.
5. Soft colour - blues and greens are a natural choice for a vibe reminiscent of the beach however tend to be on the cooler side of the colour spectrum. We love warmer, more muted selections accented with just a touch of red, pink or coral.